January 2018 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- RT @chriseeshurley: Councillor Dudley could learn from these pupils sloughexpress.co.uk/gallery/slough… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ExpressSeries: School pupils hand out warm clothing to Slough homeless sloughexpress.co.uk/gallery/slough… 3 weeks ago
- @milner_julia @PaddyMcGuinness @BBCOne Drunk... Probably the only way to watch such trash 4 weeks ago
- RT @Edster66: @PaddyMcGuinness @BBCOne It's awful 4 weeks ago
- Wearing and giving #handmade #crochet lapel pins for #PoinsettiaDay, #justforfun #alternativexmascard https://t.co/cl0aWozeEn 1 month ago
Tag Archives: vintage
Apart from washing and blocking to even out any irregularities on the left hand, the third pair of gloves are finished. The technique and pattern now almost perfected will be adapted for a QR inspired pair to bring Sanquhar into … Continue reading
The third pair of Sanquhar gloves are now well under way. Reservations about them being a bit on the small side were unfounded as they are turning out to be a good fit.
Sanquhar Diaries, a set on Flickr. First two pairs photostream
These customised Sanquhar gloves are based on a vintage Patons and Baldwins pattern, number 87, believed to be from the 1940’s. The suggested 3 ply yarn has been substituted with Jamieson and Smith 2 ply Shetland lace yarn and modern … Continue reading
The right glove is now completely finished and just four fingers and a thumb left to do on the first personalised pair.
The right hand of the P&B pattern number 87 is well under way. The J&S 2ply Shetland has good stitch definition and the gusset and finger ends incorporate the traditional salt and pepper stitch. This was omitted on the alpaca … Continue reading
The Sanquhar gloves made in 100% 2ply Shetland style alpaca in winter white and dark grey are finished apart from washing and blocking the second glove. Washing softens the wool further and reveals a halo of fine fibres. Just a … Continue reading