December 2017 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Wearing and giving #handmade #crochet lapel pins for #PoinsettiaDay, #justforfun #alternativexmascard https://t.co/cl0aWozeEn 1 day ago
- RT @fannyvonfabulus: @mrdanwalker Dan, no. Shush. The ladies you're surrounded by are having none of it, and quite rightly so. Let me get y… 2 days ago
- @chriseeshurley @CuriousHandmade Beautiful colours 1 week ago
- Got to abandon my morning brew. So glad not to work in retail #noxmasmusic Day after day of the same old same old must do their heads in. 1 week ago
- @ExpressSeries @peta In this day and age I would have hoped that we moved beyond humiliating and abusing animals for our entertainment! 1 week ago
Category Archives: Folk Mitts
sanQR finished pair 2, a photo by siouxian on Flickr. Looking forward to seeing my gloves in the exhibition in The Cornerhouse, Manchester in October as part of The Manchester Science Fair. Advertisements
My sanQR project has worked out pretty well. The ones knitted on 1.5mm needles are just bit on the snug size and the 1.75mm pair a little to loose. In my pursuit of the perfect needle size I have just … Continue reading
The bar code is finished done but unfortunately first efforts to read with an on-line bar code reader have been unsuccessful.
It has taken a couple of weeks but the 21st Century Sanquhar glove is well under way. The QR bar code is taking shape on the back of the right hand. The only down side is the weaving of the … Continue reading
Apart from washing and blocking to even out any irregularities on the left hand, the third pair of gloves are finished. The technique and pattern now almost perfected will be adapted for a QR inspired pair to bring Sanquhar into … Continue reading
The third pair of Sanquhar gloves are now well under way. Reservations about them being a bit on the small side were unfounded as they are turning out to be a good fit.
Sanquhar Diaries, a set on Flickr. First two pairs photostream